Danielle Mitchell: African Fashion Week Chicago 2017



touring salamanca1

I experienced my First African Fashion Week…

Upon entry to The Promontory where African Fashion Week was being held, I was met with music being played a mix of American R&B and Hip Hop and Afro Beats. When I first walked in, you are met with a pop up shop with a variety of different vendors. Because the vendors are local you see some people getting measured for some custom outfits while others are shopping the ready to wear Ankara.
The vendors range from food to clothes to accessories. Be sure to watch the video to get the entire feel.
I am able to walk backstage and get some behind the scenes shots and then I do like everyone else and enjoy the Day Party!
Once the show starts, everyone takes their seats, I set up with the rest of the photographers and videographers and the show begins. We are greeted with the mastermind herself… Christianah Ajanaku.
Christianah Ajanaku
Next, we are introduced to our mistress of ceremonies which is Moji Akinde. Now Moji brough the funk and definitely kept the crowd entertained between brands. She utilized crowd participation through Model Walks Offs, jokes and providing us valuable information regarding each designer.
Moji Akinde

My Top Looks For The Night- All Photos Are My Meji Vision




Press Play For To Watch The Full Show!



African Fashion Week was definitely an entertaining and fun evening and something I would recommend to all my readers!

Written by 

Danielle MitchellShe is an international marketing strategist.Marketing Maven. Christian. Promoter of Black Owned Businesses. University of Illinois Champaign Alumni.
________________

Source: https://averageblackgirl.org/2017/12/17/african-fashion-week-chicago-2017/

Comments